Wednesday, July 30, 2008

FINALLY GETTING STARTED

I'm not sure how many of you this will even be helpful for but I thought I'd pass this info on...
Last month, Rendell's dad (who works for our church - the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Welfare System) called and said he wanted us to make sure we had at least 3 months supply of food storage. I was pretty sure we had at least that but he said not just flour and sugar and beans but 3 months supply of the things we REALLY eat on a regular basis. So, over the last month or so I have been tracking what we eat and also compiling recipes that take little or no fresh produce or eggs, creams, etc. I do have several recipes with cheese only because I buy it already shredded and freeze it. Anyway, I have compiled a shopping/ingredient list and recipes for 30 meals as well as snacks and other items we may all need if for whatever reason we are unable to get to the grocery store, we have an emergency etc. Some of the items can be cooked on the stove/BBQ burner or dutch oven if necessary. I'd LOVE any ideas you may each have to make this better.

No comments: